||Clear Mountain Zen Center is a place to practice Zen Buddhism in a supportive and caring environment.
The Zen Center offers introductory courses for those interested in exploring Zen Buddhism, as well as full practice support, activities, and ceremonies for members.
Membership in the Center is open to all. Zen training, while it arises out of the Buddhist tradition, can serve as a valuable adjunct to any religion, calming and centering the mind and promoting stablity, mindfulness, and clarity.
If you are interested in becoming involved with Zen Practice, or just want to sit quietly, we invite you to practice with us.
Clear Mountain Zen Center opens many gates to living a Zen life, free from the constraints of delusion and for the benefit of all beings.
Zen practice is both introspective and social.
The benefits of Zen meditation include:
- clarity of mind and increased self-understanding
- greater compassion for yourself and for others
- ability to handle situations previously difficult to deal with
- more creative approach to life
- reduced stress and improved concentration
- spiritual, emotional, and even physiological balance
- mindfulness of your actions, your surroundings, and your time
- increased self-confidence and self-esteem
Roshi Rich Hart will be teaching at the Rockville Centre Library at 10:30 am on Fridays March 28, April 4, 11, 18, 25, and May 2.
The library is located at 221 North Village Avenue in Rockville Centre.